Valletta Property Rentals
Last updated on 27/10/2020
Welcome to Valletta Property Rentals (the ‘Website’)
1. Who We Are
1.1. The Website is a site operated by Danny Properties Limited. Danny Properties Limited is a company registered in Malta with company registration number C69387 and with registered address at Office 1/3519, Level G, Quantum House 75, Abate Rigord Street, Ta’ Xbiex XBX 1120, Malta. In these terms we use the term “Host” (or “we”, “us” or “our”) to refer to the company operating the Website.
1.4. Danny Properties Limited is a controller of Personal Information collected on the Website.
1.5. Danny Properties Limited acknowledges that in collecting your personal details it is bound by the Laws of Malta and will process your Personal Data in accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For any further request or query about how we use your personal information, you may address us by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.6. Any notice, demand, request or other communication which you address to Danny Properties Limited shall either be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by e-mail. All notices given by e-mail shall be deemed given as of the business day following the day of transmission.
2.1. Danny Properties Limited – means Danny Properties Limited and its respective past, present and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, attorneys, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns.
2.2. Consent – any explicit, specific and freely given indication by which the User, after having been fully informed, signifies the User’s agreement to Personal Data relating to her being processed.
2.3. Cookie – short text of software code, which is transmitted from the web server of our Website and stored at your device each time that you enter the Website.
2.4. GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, as amended, replaced or superseded and in force from time to time and as transposed into member-state legislation
2.5. Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable User of the Website.
2.6. Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed by Danny Properties Limited upon the Personal Data of the Users whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.
2.7. Services – the services offered by the Website.
2.8. User – Any internet user who accesses and browses the Website.
3. Subject Matter
4. Principles of Data Processing
4.1. We fully respect your fundamental rights and render protection of your privacy a priority of Danny Properties Limited. In this context, when processing your Personal Data, we follow the following basic principles:
4.1.1. We submit your Personal Data only to legitimate processing, and we maintain full transparency vis-à-vis the way we handle your Personal Data.
4.1.3. We process your Personal Data only to the extent that it is appropriate and relevant to the purposes set out herein, while limiting the processing to the measure necessary for these purposes.
4.1.4. We make reasonable efforts with your own assistance to ensure that your processed data is accurate and, where necessary, updated with regards to the purposes of the processing, taking all reasonable steps to immediately delete or correct it in case of inaccuracy.
4.1.5. We keep your Personal Data in a form that allows you to identify yourself only for the time required for the above processing purposes.
4.1.6. We process your Personal Data in a way that guarantees its security by using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
4.1.7. We do not intend to further process your Personal Data for purposes other than the ones for which they are collected.
4.1.8. We hereby inform you that your Personal Data will not be used for automated decision making, including profiling.
4.3. In general, we comply with all applicable laws and comply with all our statutory obligations, as data controllers of your Personal Data.
5. Types of Personal Data Collected
5.1. At the point of requesting a booking, making an enquiry, posting Content and/or registering for our newsletter you shall be required to provide Danny Properties Limited with one or more types of your personal identification information, such as:
- Name and Surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Credit/Debit card details
- Billing address
- Passport / I.D. number
5.2. At the point of posted/uploaded content by you:
- All Personal Data included in such documents directly provided by you.
5.3. At the point of your access and during the use of the Website:
- End user device data
- General communication data
- Browsing data
- Information on user preferences regarding the Website
5.4. At the point of accepting the receipt of advertisements and any other type of commercial communications placed at or communicated through the Website or through the Valletta Property Rentals social media accounts:
- All Personal Data directly provided by you
- Non-personally identifiable information regarding the popularity of such commercial communications
5.5. Any other personally identifiable information directly provided by you during interaction with our social media channels.
6. Purposes and Legal Bases of Data Processing
6.1. Personal Data necessary for the navigation and use of our Website as well as for the provision of the Services is collected and processed by Danny Properties Limited pursuant to Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR (‘Performance of Contract’) for the following purposes:
- Provision of our property rental services as well as the third-party services offered.
- Administration and development of the Website and the services;
- Enhancement of user experience, including the provision of personalized Services and improvement of the Website and the services;
- Development and introduction of new services, utilities and offerings;
- Detection, investigation and prevention of fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protection of your rights and rights of Danny Properties Limited;
- Collection, processing and performing statistical and other research and analysis of information for enhancement of the Website and the services;
- Verifying compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Website.
6.2. Danny Properties Limited may process Personal Data only with your lawful consent for the following purposes:
- For the purposes of commercial communication, marketing and advertising of our services or third-party services via e-mail, internet, mail, social media and / or any other appropriate communication channels as set out in a notice when requesting such consent.
6.3. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in writing to our contact details mentioned in this Policy. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment of your data prior to its revocation. Your consent is also revoked in the same manner as provided.
7. Data Recipients
- our internet and data hosting providers for hosting purposes.
- our information technology maintenance and support providers for the smooth operation of Website and our information and communication systems.
7.4. In the event that we are required by a court or other administrative authority, pursuant to an investigation relating to unlawful activities such as money laundering and in any other case that we are legally bound to do so, Danny Properties Limited may transfer your Personal Data to public authorities to the extent specified by law.
8. Data Security and Confidentiality
8.1. In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of your Personal Data and to prevent their unauthorized or accidental access, processing, deletion, alteration or other use, Danny Properties Limited takes all appropriate organizational, technical, physical, logical and procedural security measures, as well as technical standards, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
8.2. The processing of your Personal Data by Danny Properties Limited is conducted in a manner that ensures their confidentiality and physical and logical security, taking into account the latest developments, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as the risks for your rights and freedoms, which are applicable in each circumstance.
8.3. Your Personal Data is processed solely by authorized personnel of Danny Properties Limited, bound by strict obligations of confidentiality.
9. Retention of Personal Data
9.1. We keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the relevant purposes of their processing, in alignment with the ‘Data Minimisation and Storage Limitation’ principles as defined in Article 5 of the GDPR.
9.2. Danny Properties Limited may retain your Personal Data after the expiration of their relevant processing purposes in the following limited cases:
- In case that there is a legal obligation under a relevant statutory provision;
- For research or statistical purposes or for the proper organisation and operation of our business provided that anonymity or pseudonymization of your data takes place;
- In case of any claims against Danny Properties Limited, for as long as necessary to defend our rights and legitimate interests before any competent court and any other public authority.
9.4. For more information about data retention terms in relation to specific Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com
10. Your Rights
10.1. You have the right:
- To request access to your Personal Data and information related to their processing and obtain a copy thereof.
- To request for the rectification of any inaccuracies or any missing Personal Data of yours.
- To request for the erasure of your Personal Data.
- To request for the restriction of the processing of your Personal Data in cases explicitly provided for by law.
- To request for the portability of your Personal Data to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- To object to the processing of your Personal Data in cases explicitly provided for by law.
- To object to a decision taken solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling, which has impact on you or significantly affects you.
10.3. Danny Properties Limited will respond to any of your requests within one (1) month from their receipt. Upon prior notice, this period may be extended by a further two (2) months if necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of any other pending requests. In case of rejection of your request, we will provide relevant justification.
10.4. If your request does not meet the requirements of applicable law, Danny Properties Limited reserves the right either to: (a) impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or executing the requested action, or (b) reject your request.
10.5. In the event of any violation of your Personal Data, which may place your rights and freedoms at a high risk, and provided that it does not fall under one of the exceptions expressly provided for by applicable law, we undertake to inform you without undue delay.
10.6. If there are any doubts as to the identity of the individual submitting the request, we reserve the right to request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm his / her identity.
10.7. If your rights are infringed, we inform you that you have the right to file a complaint with the Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner at the following website https://idpc.org.mt/en/Pages/contact/complaints.aspx.
11. Your Obligations
11.1. By using our Website and by providing your Personal Data upon your consent, you acknowledge that you are required to state your actual, accurate and complete information requested by Danny Properties Limited. Furthermore, you must inform us of any changes to your information so as to ensure it is kept up-to-date and accurate.
11.3. By using our Website, you confirm that you are over eighteen (18) years old. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) you have the obligation to abstain from any use of our Website and from any transfer of your Personal Data without the consent of the person who exercises your parental responsibility. If you fail to comply with the foregoing obligations, you must immediately notify Danny Properties Limited. In any case, using the Site, you acknowledge that Danny Properties Limited is not responsible for your violation of the obligations mentioned above to the extent that it is unable, even if it makes reasonable efforts, to verify your age or to receive consent from your guardian.
We use our cookies for:
(i)basic web application operations which are strictly necessary for the functioning of our website;
(ii)enabling preference settings our visitors to change currencies, on the website as well as to opt-in to our newsletter subject to the explicit consent of the Guest;
(iii)marketing and statistical cookies which focus on registering user device, assigning a unique ID to the device and recording how the user interacts with the website. Such cookies do not process personal data pursuant to the GDPR.
13. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law